What To Do When Your Property Has Water Damage – Fridays with Fred

    What to Do When Your Property Has Water Damage?

    Are you planning on selling your Southern California home but realized that it has water damage and you’re wondering what you should do next?

    In this article, we will provide you with several tips to consider when it comes to dealing with water leaks and water damage.

    Deal with Leaks Immediately 

    Regardless if it’s a slab leak or pinhole leak, you have to deal with water damage immediately because with a water leak it’s possible that a small leak can turn into a very large leak very quickly. 

    From the moment that you realize that your property has a water leak, you should shut off the water immediately, contact a contractor or water leak professional, and take steps to have the leak repaired immediately.

    Don’t Let the Water Leak Cause Mold to Grow

    As a homeowner, you should also deal with water leaks immediately because you want to eliminate the possibility of mold growing inside your home.

    Sadly, it’s possible for mold to germinate in as little as 24-48 hours so if you think your home has a water leak of any kind you should deal with it ASAP or you could be faced with having to deal with mold damage as a result of the water leak.

    Know Where Your Water Shutoff Valve Is Located

    Water leaks are the primary reason why every homeowner should know where the water shutoff valve to their house is located just so they can easily shut the water off themselves while they wait for someone to arrive to fix the leak.

    If Your Property Has Water Damage

    Let’s say that your property has water damage from a previous water leak, in this case, it doesn’t matter if it’s damage from a big leak or small leak, you should repair that water damage immediately.

    This step is important because you don’t want to leave that water damage for potential home buyers or their agents to see because this will lead them to wonder about what happened to cause the water damage and if other areas in your home were affected.

    Contact the Fred Sed Group

    To learn more about how to deal with water damage, or to speak with us about the mold remediation contractors that we work within Southern California, contact us today by calling (800) 921-9231 or connect with us online. 

    Trackback from your site.

    Leave a Reply

    About our blog

    Our agents write often to give you the latest insights on owning a home or property in the local area.